The upcoming Bitcoin Cash hard fork is scheduled to take place on 15th November 2018 around 4:40 pm UTC. You can view the fork countdown here. (Please be aware that we do not vouch for the accuracy for of this site). The BCH’s upgrade is more controversial than previous ones since there are strong opposing opinions about how the protocol should work. Thus the likely outcome is that there will be multiple chains after the hard fork.
Rest assured that holding Bitcoin Cash private key prior to the fork date gives you access to all new coins from this hard fork. Infinito Wallet will confirm later whether we will support alternative chains such as Bitcoin SV, or Bitcoin NayBC, etc.
In case you want to claim tokens from other alternative chains right after the fork date, we recommend that:
- Before the fork, you should send your BCH to trusted Services. Bittrex Exchange has announced that they will support the hard fork and BSV split tokens. Read their statement here. Several Exchanges also announce their support for the BCH hard fork. Infinito Wallet offers no guarantee that these services will work as claimed. Please proceed at your own risk.
- Export your BCH private key to “claim” alternative chain coins when their official tools are developed. Infinito Wallet offers no guarantee as for when these tools will be available, if at all. Please proceed at your own risk.
What will happen before and after the fork?
Before the fork: Do not withdraw BCH one hour before the hardfork happens (approximately 3:30pm UTC). Please be sure to make any BCH transactions you need before this time.
After the fork: After the fork has taken place, all activities involving BCH can be carried out as normal on Infinito Wallet.
As a general warning, please do not share your passphrase or private key with anyone. As seen with past blockchain forks, there will be many scam services pretending to help users to claim new coins, but instead steal their funds.
Thank you for your continued support for Infinito Wallet,
Get Infinito Wallet Now!
About Infinito Wallet
Positioning as a leading universal wallet for crypto users, Infinito Wallet serves as a gateway for users to maximize usage and potentials of their cryptocurrencies. Our DApp browser, App Square, provides access to the most innovative blockchain applications for daily user needs. By selectively expanding our partner network, Infinito Wallet aims to build an ecosystem of practical blockchain services including exchanges, ID/KYC solutions, and other blockchain-related business services. At the same time, we support communities of developers and businesses with Infinito Blockchain Platform, an open blockchain infrastructure of technologies and compliant-ready services, so that they can seamlessly build, launch, and operate innovative products and services efficiently.
Infinito Wallet’s core development team of blockchain R&D experts has intensive professional experience. Currently, our organization has more than 300 members including developers, designers, business, marketing, and customer service specialists. We are promoting research on infrastructure for cryptocurrencies and development utilizing blockchain.
Follow us on
– Telegram: https://t.me/infinitowallet
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InfinitoWallet/
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/InfinitoWallet
– Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8s67KYZ1AHZRUqJLLFc0g
– Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+InfinitoWallet
– Medium: https://medium.com/infinito-wallet
– Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/infinitowallet/
– Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/infinitoservices/